American Chemistry Council (ACC) Automotive Center Fact Sheet
- Chemistry and Light Vehicles Annual Report, by ACC Chief Economist, Kevin Swift, Ph.D.
- The American Chemistry Council (ACC) Automotive Center is a conference and information center located in Troy, Michigan.
- The facility features a state-of-the art conference room that seats 22 people, complete with a video projection system to enable computer presentations. The sound system enables presentations to include CD-quality sound.
- The display area is designed to enable the Center to be a forum for creative thinking, and display Concept Vehicles on a regular basis to call attention to how plastics drive innovation in automotive design.
- The Center will also house a resource area that will enable the automotive industry to obtain answers to questions whether someone walks in, calls, faxes, or emails. Resources will include technical information both in print and on CD-ROM. Databases and on-line search capabilities will ensure engineers and automotive students who come for assistance can get what they need. The Plastics Division of the American Chemistry Council and its members are committed to helping engineers explore new ways of thinking about plastics to enhance automotive performance.
- The Automotive Center staff can be reached at (248) 244-8920. The Automotive Center is located at 1800 Crooks Road, Suite A, Troy, MI 48084.